The tables in this section summarize the measures that are described at greater length in the body of this report. A graph, which addresses two questions, is included for most measures:
- Is the trend moving in the desired direction?
- A graph shows the trend direction for the measure. The desired trend direction is shown above the graph.
- Each line in the graph is coded by color to indicate whether the trend is:
green - headed in the right direction red - headed in the wrong direction black - stable or non-significant change (NSC) purple - indeterminate blue - Healthy People 2020 target
How does the nation's progress compare to the Healthy People 2020 target?
Not all measures have an associated Healthy People 2020 target. When there is a target for a specific measure, it is shown by a solid blue horizontal line labeled “Healthy People 2020 target”.
The example graph demonstrates the Adult Smoking trend, which is heading in the right direction (green line) toward the Healthy People 2020 target (solid blue horizontal line).
Available Summary Tables
- Tobacco Use
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight and Physical Activity
- UV Exposure and Sun Protective Practices